Being a teenager is
We are here to make it easier.
MINDFULNESS-BASED STRESS REDUCTION FOR TEENS (MBSR-T)
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING IN MBSR-T:
- Improved Concentration and Focus
- Improved Ability to Manage Stress in Healthy and Effective Ways
- Decreased Impulsivity
- Feeling Less Judgmental
- Increased Happiness
- Improved Functioning and Quality of Life
What is MBSR-T?
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Teens (MBSR-T) improves the quality of living socially, physically, and psychologically. Through the practice of being mindful, which is about recognizing thoughts and feelings in the present moment, teens become well-prepared for approaching challenging or stressful situations with a reasonable mindset.
How does it work?
The purpose of an MBSR-T group is to remind teens that they are not alone in their feelings and that everyone is capable of using mindfulness skills to help them deal with stress in their lives. The group also focuses on improving relationships with others by using mindful practices, so having a group of people who understand and are available to practice with is very beneficial.
This group covers the following topics that will help teens to build relationships and allocate their attention more effectively:
- Foundations and Identification of Stress
- Introduction to Mindfulness
- Effects of Stress on the Mind and Body
- Noticing, Being, and Working with Our Thoughts
- Improving Awareness Through Mindfulness
- Coping Strategies and Behaviors to Manage Life
- Cultivating Mindful Resilience
- Building Mindful Relationships
The MBSR-T Group will be led by Leona McLean.
Leona is a licensed skills coach here at Southlake and has experience working with anxiety, depression, suicide, personality disorder, post-traumatic disorder, substance abuse neglect and abuse, childhood trauma, family dysfunction, grief, eating disorders, and self-esteem.